Gumiimpex d.d. Varaždin was founded as a vulcanizer workshop by owner Rudolf Kiric in 1970 in Varazdin. Since its inception, the workshop has been continuously expanding its own production of rubber-technical products, and in 1990 grew into Gumiimpex d.o.o. Varaždin, a company with 15 employees. It is the first company in Croatia to start recycling used car tires in 2005. Through recycling, it treats waste tires and produces useful secondary raw materials as well as rubber granulate final products. In addition to continuous investments in new premises and equipment, the company is introducing ISO standards 9001 and 14001 for quality management and environmental management. Gumiimpex-GRP attaches great importance to corporate social responsibility by participating in important R&D projects:
- together with Brodosplit, Gumiimpex-GRP participated in the project "The Gate of Venice", with the aim of preventing floods caused by rising sea levels. For that project, they produced over 300 pieces of 920 kg rubber bumpers, which were mounted on a steel dam.
- By participating in the scientific project "RUCONBAR" together with the company Beton Lučko and the Faculty of Civil Engineering Zagreb, rubber granules made from recycled car tires were applied in concrete and an innovative noise protection product was manufactured.
- In the consortium of the ANAGENNISI project, led by the University of Sheffield, they worked to develop innovative solutions for reusing all tire components in specific applications, with reduced environmental impact.
Today Gumiimpex-GRP d.o.o. Varaždin produces more than seven thousand different rubber-technical products, recycles waste tires, renews truck tires, markets car tires for all types of vehicles, and provides vulcanization services at locations in Varaždin and Zagreb. It has almost 400 employees and has won numerous awards.
BT3 Betontechnik GmBH was founded in 2012 as a result of the knowledge and experience gained through decades of cooperation with concrete and gravel producers in Austria. The business success of the clients they work with is an integral part of their philosophy. As a small business, they are able to respond quickly and purposefully to market demands. In order to respond to the market demands as well as possible, they have at their disposal modern laboratories where they continuously invest in research and development. In doing so, they also work with other laboratories accredited for various tests so that they can always guarantee quality. Particularly rigorous quality control and high investment in development are in the field of concrete additives, which form the basis of their business.
In 2014, BT3 Betontechnik GmBH expanded its business beyond Austria, with the establishment of BT3G, based in Burgthann, Germany. Looking at business development not only through business expansion but also through engineering development, it should be emphasized that in 2015, Betontechnik GmBH completed the development of Alpha Beton products, which is an innovative two-component system for optimal control of the consistency of additive consistency in concrete. In addition to Alpha Concrete, today Betontechnik GmBH produces more than 20 concrete additives for various purposes.
In the following years, the growth of Betontechnik GmBH continued with the acquisition of a majority stake in BetónRacio with r.o. in Slovakia. In view of all these extensions, in 2017, BT3 Holding was registered, which, in addition to the above listed companies, also has branches in the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia.
Našicecement d.d. Našice, with an annual capacity of 1 million tonnes, is the second cement factory in the Republic of Croatia in terms of installed capacity and market share. The company was founded in 1982 and today it is part of the Nexe Našice Group. In 2016, Našicecemnet d.d. and the company Nexe beton Našice were merged, which resulted in a 24% increase in revenue of this large business entity. The Nasicecement product range is made up of the following brands of cement and namals:
• Standard, CEM II / B-M 32,5R, mixed Portland cement
• Special, CEM II / A-M (S-V) 42.5N, mixed Portland cement
• Premium, CEM I 52.5N, pure Portland cement
• Portland cement CEM I 42.5R
• Portland cement with the addition of slag CEM II / A-S 42,5R
• Low Heat Sulphate Resistant Cement CEM III/B 32,5N SR-LH
• Namal, MC5.
It is important to note that the quality of Našicecement d.d. products and business processes is demonstrated through the possession of various certificates: the quality certificate ISO 9001: 2008, the environmental certificate ISO 14001: 2004, and BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 which implies a health and safety management system. This creates a complete unit - an integrated Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Management System.
In addition to the domestic market, Našiceement d.d. Našice markets its products abroad and actively participates in projects in the markets of Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria and Romania.
Velički kamen d.o.o. was founded in 2009 as a manufacturing, transportation and services company, headquartered in Velika. The main activity of the company is the exploitation of technical and construction stone, for which the company in July 2010 signed agreements with the Republic of Croatia on the concession for the exploitation of technical and construction stone at EP Vetovo and EP Plis-Malischak. The company organized production in two quarries according to the site of exploitation: "Veličanka" in Velika and "Vetovo" in Vetovo, where, immediately after the exploitation, the process of processing the same into technical-construction stone takes place. In addition to these two quarries, the company was awarded the transfer of the exploitation field of tuft "Poljanska" Dry Mix Factory (production of plaster and adhesive) and Factory of Concrete and Concrete Elements. The product range within certain activities of the company consists of:
- in quarries: dolomite filler, blasted stone, unsorted stone, fine stone, broken stone, crusher of different granulations, aggregate of different granulations and tuff (volcanic origin)
- in Dry Mix Factory: internal and external lime-cement mortar, Dolker standard, Dolker flex, Dolker inter, dolpor and gypsum lime mortar
- at the Concrete and Concrete Element Factory: decorative slabs and elements of different dimensions, curbs, concrete blocks of different dimensions, concrete pipes of different diameters, and ready-mixed concrete in several qualities
Velički kamen Company d.o.o. employs 121 people, and with an average sales of 10,000 tonnes of plaster and adhesive and more than 1,000,000 tonnes of technical stone, they are one of the largest producers of these materials in this part of the region.